Business Change Manager
The role of the Business Change Manager is to translate Brolink’s strategy into change initiatives and to manage the company’s portfolio of change to ensure delivery against the Company strategic objectives. This role reports directly to the Executive Head: Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in company strategy formulation in order to conceptualise change programmes, projects and initiatives.
• Provide business with the means to deliver against strategy & objectives supported by the Brolink Executive team.
• Enable governance forums to make informed investment decisions & prioritise the project portfolios.
• Support governance of projects and initiatives through appropriate methodologies and frameworks.
• Manage the company’s portfolio of change & ensure delivery against strategic objectives.
The purpose of the role includes the following:
• Assist in the translation of strategy to ensure a defined portfolio of change aligned with strategy, shaping of concepts, and preparing business cases enabling business objective / targets.
• Ensure end-to-end delivery of business solutions across business boundaries with specific focus on appropriateness, quality & completeness of the business solutions to enable benefits as planned in the business case.
• Support the transition of projects to operations/BAU, assist in the vesting of change into BAU and support benefits realisation and monitoring.
The Business Change Manager will provide the following key services:
• Ensure portfolio alignment and prioritisation with strategy / business objectives.
• Facilitate development of future initiative roadmap in support of the business strategy/objectives.
• Facilitate concept designs.
• Prepare business cases.
• Initiate projects & assist contracting of appropriate resources business solution.
• Ensure appropriateness, quality & completeness of business solutions (e.g. review of business requirements, process designs & test plans).
• Ensure project/scope alignment with business case / business objectives.
• Support appropriate project governance e.g. appropriate Steerco.
• Support change management and give input to approach and strategy.
• Build strong partnerships with all relevant stakeholders.
• Monitor Portfolio budget.
BUSINESS READINESS & BENEFITS REALISATION:
• Support transition of project to operations/BAU.
• Provide support required to embed new and changed processes and solutions to become BAU.
• Support benefits realisation & monitoring.
• Ensure stable production environment for the business.
• Managing Security Vulnerabilities identified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualification and Experience:
• Relevant B Degree
• At least 5 years’ experience analysing and implementing business improvements and delivering solutions.
• Experience with implementing large scale change initiatives and solutions.
• Experience with and / or taking the lead in a formal request for proposal process for replacement of systems.
• Experience in dealing with external suppliers will be advantageous.
• Management experience and the flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels, across functions.
• Working knowledge of the Business Solution Delivery Framework.
• Sound business acumen.
• Understand the Executive sponsors agenda and provide information to support decision-making.
• Working knowledge in portfolio/programme/project management methods and tools such as: PMBoK, Agile and PRINCE2.
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
Attributes required for the position include but are not limited to:
• Outstanding influencing & negotiating skills, influence thinking at an executive & senior management level.
• Excellent decision making & organising skills.
• Persuasive with excellent oral & written communication skills: concise, impactful and appropriate with good track record.
• Strategic thinker who can also work at detail level.
• Ability to understand and interpret business strategy from definition into execution.
• Ability to think holistically as well as at a detailed level.
• Strong analytical, interpretative and problem solving skills: creative analytical thinking, systems thinking, planning, challenging assumptions and orthodoxies, turning concepts and big picture into detailed actions and targets, ability to look across the business and see inconsistencies in data or strategy.
• Understanding Business Architecture trends & best practice thinking.
• Behavioral characteristics: ethics, listening, trustworthiness, make things happen, energetic, proactive and positive thinking.
• Interaction skills: facilitation; mentoring; leadership and influencing; negotiation;
• Teamwork; build relationships; credible consulting skills.
• Previous experience in a similar role (min 5 yrs).
• Previous experience in driving managing change in an IT environment will be beneficial.
• Appropriate qualification and certification.
• Client focus.
• Drives results.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Cultivates innovation.
• Deciding and initiating action.
• Human Capital Development.
• Building networks and good relationships.
• Enterprising and commercial thinking.
• Analytical and systems thinker.
• Produce creative solutions to business problems.
• Perform under pressure.
• Challenge current assumptions and beliefs.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Applicants must have the following:
• Clear TransUnion record.
• Clear criminal record.
• Excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: email@example.com on or before Friday 10 September 2021.
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy.