Premium Collections Accountant
An exciting opportunity exists for a Premium Collections Accountant at Brolink in Centurion. The Premium Collections Accountant will perform financial accounting functions by providing premium collection administration and support services to the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monthly Premium reconciliations, reconciling system generated reports received from IT with bank statements received from financial institutions and following up of reconciling items and differences.
• Reconciliation of system report with Bank statement/system
• Assisting with client queries
• Assist in the setting up of new accounts with 3rd parties.
• Assist in the testing capabilities of collection/payment files through new 3rd party accounts.
• Assist with testing feedback with the development team during account set-up
• Ad hoc duties as and when required in the finance department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following academic qualifications and related experience are requirements for the position:
• BCom Accounting/ BCom Honours.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Insurance/Financial service industry experience beneficial.
• This is an evolving role; candidate must be prepared for changes in the work environment.
The essential competencies that will be needed for this position are:
• Well spoken
• Client orientation
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Proper telephone etiquette
• Must be able to understand Afrikaans and English
• Must be able to handle pressure
Several attributes are part of the make-up of the person who will be best suited to the position. They include:
• Must be administratively driven and demonstrate excellent attention to detail skills.
• Must be results oriented and meet the required expectations of the position.
• Must have the ability to make recommendations and decisions.
• Must be a team player and able work individually.
• Excellent communication skills (must be able to communicate on all levels).
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must have a Positive attitude.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Applicants must have the following:
• Clear TransUnion record.
• Clear criminal record.
• Excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: HumanResources@brolink.co.za before Friday 17 June 2022.
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy.