An exciting opportunity exists for a Product Owner who is technically strong, is a team player and has the ability to influence people and easily enable stakeholders to manage their own expectations. The product owner will manage the Websure vision and prioritisation of the backlog with one of the customer pods. The product owner plays a crucial role in assisting the teams maintain that vision by creating a product roadmap which is a high-level and a strategic visual summary that outlines the vision and direction for the product offering over time. It is both a strategic guide for stakeholders to reference as well as a plan for execution. This position is based in Centurion. Fixed 2-year Contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General responsibilities include the following:
• Build relationships with key employees among customers and internal stakeholders.
• Developing and adapting the Websure vision with our customers.
• Defining, refining and splitting user stories.
• Specifying acceptance criteria.
• Grooming and prioritising the backlog.
• Collaborating with other product owners and managers for strategic alignment on Websure changes.
• Regular engagement with stakeholders.
• Strategic reporting on project progress.
• Measuring and providing feedback to the company about the progress.
• Learning about and upskilling Brolink on Agile.
• Help our customer and pod focus on defining and delivering on the Minimal Viable Product.
• Ensuring continuous improvement within the customer pod.
• Obtaining and providing regular feedback.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Occasional overtime and weekend work, open plan office / remote working, travel to Gauteng-based business partners (Covid-19 dependent).
• Post-matric education with subjects related to IT, Project Management and Business.
• Formal qualification in Project Management, e.g. PMI;
• University education with Business-related subjects;
• Certificate of Competence (Short-term insurance) or better.
• 10 years working experience in financial services in a role that includes regular interaction between IT and business.
• Working experience in the short-term insurance industry;
• Hands-on experience in JIRA or similar Agile tools.
• Good appreciation of information technology concepts;
• In-depth understanding of the various phases in a software development life cycle.
• In-depth understanding of transaction processing systems in the financial sector.
Preferred Competencies :
• In-depth understanding of insurance systems.
Attributes required for the position include but are not limited to:
• Business acumen.
• Soft skills and emotional intelligence.
• Technically minded.
• Customer empathic.
• Open minded.
• Respectful and firm.
• Highly committed.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Continuous learning.
• Change leadership.
Applicants must have the following:
• Clear TransUnion record.
• Clear criminal record.
• Excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 11 June 2021.
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy.