An exciting opportunity exists for a Software Developer to join the Software Development Department. This position is based in Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design clean and simple solutions
• Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems
• Provide guidance in troubleshooting root-cause errors
• Mentor and guide team to achieve their goals;
• Take part in the design of the database and software;
• Stay up-to-date with technology trends, investigate solutions and make appropriate recommendations;
• Write software according to business requirements specifications, processes and standards;
• Perform unit testing and hand over completed software for further testing, within agreed timeframes;
• Responsible for all aspects of the application development project life cycle;
• Develop and maintain modern software application architecture roadmap that supports an evolving enterprise innovation platform;
• Define and Maintain Application / Data / Security Architecture Principles and Policies;
• Update system documentation;
• Maintain software;
• Support information security initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related experience. Preferably, in addition to the above:
• Additional qualifications in IT-related fields, including programming and database design.
• MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer).
• Knowledge or exposure to MS DevOps.
• At least 3 years in-depth programming experience with C# .NET;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server;
• In-depth knowledge of XML and web services
Preferably, in addition to the above:
• Exposure to web-based financial transaction processing systems;
• Exposure to the financial services industry, specifically short-term insurance;
• Integration of a transaction processing system with third-party systems such as other transaction processing systems, premium calculation modules.
• Strong understanding of the various phases of a software development life cycle;
• Good appreciation of software design principles, practices and patterns;
• Structured approach to software development;
• Experience with in-depth testing;
• Ability to “see the bigger picture”, i.e. appreciate the business context in which the software will be deployed;
• Working in an Agile team/environment and related workflows/ toolsets, including but not limited to DevOps
Preferably, in addition to the above:
• To stay abreast of new technologies
• Innovative and out-the-box thinker
Attributes required for the position include but are not limited to:
• Strong programming aptitude;
• Strong software design skills
• A keen interest in the latest trends in software development;
• Committed to delivering high-quality work;
• Taking ownership of work delivered;
• Ability to understand business issues related to the financial services industry to deliver a solution accordingly;
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Good deductive and inductive reasoning
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and deal with conflict in an effective way
• Ability to work individually and with teams
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Experience executing within a defined delivery methodology required. Methodology development experience will be an advantage;
• Positive attitude;
• Commitment to meeting deadlines.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Applicants must have the following:
• Clear ITC
• Clear criminal record
• Excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of February 2022.
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy.