An exciting opportunity exists for a Claims Consultant to join the Claims Department. This position is based in Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capturing of all new claim where applicable.
• One point of contact for the client/broker and adherence to first call resolution.
• Deliver exceptional client service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate claims handling.
• Ensures that customer claim is handled efficiently.
• Verifies FNOL data or documentation provided to ensure correct settlements of claim
• Attend to validation and first call actions on all claims within 1 working hour after registration.
• Achieve minimum targets were applicable.
• Maintain appropriate diaries and messages on the operating system.
• Client input and communication is an integral part at the start of the entire claims value chain, ensuring that complete and accurate data/documentation is obtained and captured. This determines the direction of the claim to the entire claims value chain.
• Effectively maintains oversight of all relevant claims tasks and manages the claims handling process to achieve timely settlement and to minimise inaccuracies
• Identify, investigate and resolve any issues relating to claims being handled in line with claims policies and procedures such as SLAs and TAT.
• Accurately check/determine whether appropriate cover is in place, interpret policy wordings and conditions to determine the validity of claims and advises the broker/policyholder accordingly.
• Identify potential non-disclosure and misrepresentation cases and follow Insurer’s procedures to deal with these situations.
• Identify any red flags on claims which are potentially fraudulent and follow Insurer procedures for dealing with these.
• Identify when a specialist is needed to investigate a claim and follow Insurers policies and procedures for appointing these.
• Identify possible recovery and third-party claims and link the claim to the legal department upon registration.
• Negotiates effectively within agreed mandate limits using an appropriate negotiation style.
• Be familiar with the Insurers estimate philosophy and apply accordingly.
• Adhere to Brolink’ s guidelines for referral of claims to management (e.g. large losses)
• Selects and appoints external experts/vendors following Insurer’s procedures and authority levels.
• Utilises preferred service suppliers when dispatching service to clients in line with BBEEE targets e.g. Spend direction tools.
• Assist with emergencies and afterhours process for outsourced business.
• Minimizes cash settlements vs utilization of preferred suppliers for settlement by managing the percentage of cash versus quantum.
• Demonstrates an effective communication style, that motivates, across internal and external teams and individuals that may become involved with claim tasks.
• Salvage collection and management of timelines on salvage claims
• Meeting of set deadlines.
• Validate claims accordingly within the department structure.
• Deliver strategic results in term of the Brolink Vision and Mission.
• Attendance of weekly team meetings, participation on one-on-one discussion and other meetings required from time to time
• Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values.
• Demonstrate commitment toward the team and participate in building team culture.
• Collaborate and work closely with all role players thereby leveraging constructive team dynamics and innovation
• Identify and recommend areas/ways to improve processes.
• Proactively ensure the most effective use of time, resources, money, materials or equipment in line with policies and procedures.
• Comply with corporate governance policies, procedures and standards.
• Proactively suggest improvements in customer services where applicable.
• Building relationships with all stakeholders, including brokers and service providers, to best support the company shared goal to achieve profit.
• Manage own development to increase own competencies.
• Adhere to the company policies and procedures and contracted performance agreement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
•Matric is an essential requirement
•FAIS Credits (as per FAIS requirement)
•Must be Fit & Proper in terms of the FAIS Act
•Regulatory Exam: Representatives
•Must not be debarred with FSCA.
•2 – 5 years’ experience: Personal lines claims experience with all types of Motor and Non-Motor claims. Commercial experience will be an advantage.
•Full function claims administration (registration of claim, appoint assessors, read assessors report, make decision on claim up to payment of claim)
•Experience in the financial services industry or short-term insurance industry
Preferably, in addition to the above:
Experience in the short-term insurance industry.
•PC literate – Microsoft Office products skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
•Good typing skills (accuracy & speed)
•Sound knowledge of Insurance principles
•Websure system experience will be an advantage, but not a requirement
Attributes required for the position include but are not limited to:
•Planning, organising, follow up (time management)
•Stress tolerance, resilience
•Client service orientation
•Attention to detail
•Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate at all levels
•Decision-making skills (with regards to claims)
•Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening skills and written)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Brolink is a leading provider of insurance administration services, providing a comprehensive range of insurance products from South Africa’s top insurers. Our portfolio includes personal insurance, commercial insurance as well as niche products such as agriculture, transport, engineering, and aviation.
As a short-term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs.
Applicants must have the following:
•Clear criminal record
•Excellent previous employment references.
Our values are Excellence, Integrity, Fairness.
Our Vision is to be the leading digital technology and integration platform for short-term insurance.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: HumanResources@brolink.co.za
Please note that this appointment will be made according to the company’s Employment Equity targets and strategy. Provided you are not contacted within 2 weeks of job application deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.