An exciting opportunity exists for a Commercial Underwriter at Brolink in Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Support BDC’s in acquiring and retaining profitable business
- Attend to administration and written communication
- Ensure that all documentation is processed accurately & correctly
- Ensure documentation, including SASRIA is issued, checked and authorized prior to dispatch
- Ensure queries are resolved as per company standards
- Ensure renewal reviews are completed timeously
- Ensure retentions are calculated
- Ensure endorsements / transaction are completed timeously
- Ensure timeous and accurate management of mail count
- Request, monitor survey and survey requirements as per laid down procedures
- Correct unprofitable policies
- Ensure policies are not overexposed
- Maintain service, quality and desired outputs within a specific functional process through ensuring
compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards.
- Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers on matters
- Develop work routines in line with operational plans / schedules in order to manage achievement of
service delivery goals
- Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and
procedures to maintain service delivery.
- Align own behaviour with the organization culture and values.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with the Underwriting team to ensure required service levels are delivered.
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, practices and procedures.
- Identify and recommend areas / ways to improve processes.
This position does involve line management responsibility. The Commercial Underwriter will report directly
to the HOD.
Special working conditions: This position involves occasional overtime and an open plan office and
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following academic qualifications and related experience are requirements for the position:
- Matric is an essential requirement
- Regulatory Exam : Representatives
- FAIS Credits (as per FAIS requirement)
- Must be Fit & Proper in terms of the FAIS Act
- Must not be debarred with FSB Experience in the financial services industry or short-term insurance
- At least 3 years’ experience in Commercial Underwriting
- Must have experience in various commercial products – Comm, Agri, ST, Engineering etc.
- Be able to handle a portfolio of approximately 600 policies.
- No ITC Credit records (bad debts, judgements etc.).
- No Criminal Record
The essential competencies that will be needed for this position are:
- Well spoken
- Client orientation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Must be able to speak / read and communicate in Afrikaans and English
- Must be able to handle pressure
A number of attributes are part of the make-up of the person who will be best suited to the position. They
- Must be administratively driven and demonstrate excellent attention to detail skills.
- Must be results oriented and meet the required expectations of the position.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations and decisions.
- Must be a team player and able work individually.
- Excellent communication skills (must be able to communicate on all levels).
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have a Positive attitude
As a short term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in
delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs.
Applicants must have a clear ITC, clear criminal record and excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org before
31 July 2020. Should you be aware of a qualified individual, please pass this vacancy on to them.