An exciting opportunity exists for a Commercial Underwriter at Brolink in Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Needs to have knowledge and understanding of various Commercial products – in depth knowledge.
• Needs to understand Commercial Lines product requirements.
o Various Insurers – Commercial products, Agriculture, Engineering and Hospitality
• Needs to understand and have knowledge of how the Commercial Lines Industry works. The trends eg. Auto Rating etc.
• Logical thinker
• Be able to translate product requirements into system functionality – Eg. What information is required to be captured and how should it be validated. Minimums, Maximums, Accumulations, Computations (for when item Sums Insured must be computed from another item within a risk/section), etc.
• Not afraid to investigate and learn new skills.
This position will be in the commercial underwriting space.
The Commercial Underwriter will report directly to the Underwriting Manager: Commercial Lines.
Special working conditions: This position involves occasional overtime and an open plan office and environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following academic qualifications and related experience are requirements for the position:
• Matric is an essential requirement.
• Regulatory Exam: Representatives
• FAIS Credits (as per FAIS requirement)
• Must be Fit & Proper in terms of the FAIS Act
• Must not be debarred with FSB Experience in the financial services industry or short-term insurance industry (preferable)
• At least 3 years’ experience in Commercial Underwriting
• Must have experience in various commercial products – Comm, Agri, ST, Engineering etc.
• Be able to handle a portfolio of approximately 600 policies.
• No ITC Credit records (bad debts, judgements etc.).
• No Criminal Record
The essential competencies that will be needed for this position are:
• Well spoken.
• Client orientation
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Proper telephone etiquette
• Must be able to speak / read and communicate in Afrikaans and English.
• Must be able to handle pressure.
• Excel knowledge a minimum requirement.
A number of attributes are part of the make-up of the person who will be best suited to the position. They include:
• Must be administratively driven and demonstrate excellent attention to detail skills.
• Must be results oriented and meet the required expectations of the position.
• Must have the ability to make recommendations and decisions.
• Must be a team player and able work individually.
• Excellent communication skills (must be able to communicate on all levels).
• Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written).
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must have a Positive attitude.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Brolink is a leading provider of insurance administration services, providing a comprehensive range of insurance products from South Africa’s top insurers. Our portfolio includes personal insurance, commercial insurance as well as niche products such as agriculture, transport, engineering, and aviation.
As a short-term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs.
Applicants must have a clear ITC, clear criminal record, and excellent previous employment references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a CV to: HumanResources@brolink.co.za before Friday the 30th of June 2023. Should you be aware of a qualified individual, please pass this vacancy on to them.