Commercial Underwriting Team Leader
An exciting opportunity exists for a Team Leader: Commercial Underwriting in Brolink, Centurion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Effectively maintaining underwriting standards and providing quality client and broker service.
• Supervision of team.
• Monitor team performance and activities.
• Stimulate positive team performance.
• Manage own and work of team members.
• Effective capacity planning to ensure the business processing is not disrupted.
• Regular feedback to team members.
• Achieve agreed targets.
• Liaison with Brokers/Insurers on all queries to resolution.
• Managing complaints and escalations.
• Staff development, coaching and training.
• Statistical reporting on quotations, new business, renewals, movement.
• Analyse processes and identify need for risk reduction or efficiency opportunities.
• Ensure adherence to processes and procedures. Identify need to create or amend existing processes and procedures.
• Coordinate team meetings.
• Ensure continual communication between management and the team.
• Ensuring compliance and legislative issues are adhered to.
• Incident and system management / development.
• Product development and alignment.
Service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
• Maintain service, quality and desired outputs within a specific functional process through ensuring compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards.
• Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers on matters resolved.
• Develop work routines in line with operational plans / schedules in order to manage achievement of service delivery goals.
• Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain service delivery.
• Align own behavior with the organization culture and values.
• Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
• Collaborate and work with the Underwriting team to ensure required service levels are delivered.
Continuous improvement to ensure effective service
• Ensure adherence to organizational policies, practices and procedures.
• Identify and recommend areas / ways to improve processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following academic qualifications and related experience are requirements for the position:
• Matric is an essential requirement
• FAIS Credits (as per FAIS requirement)
• Must be Fit & Proper in terms of the FAIS Act
• Regulatory Exam: Representatives
• Must not be debarred with FSB
• Must not work under FAIS supervision
• Extensive experience within the Short-Term insurance industry.
• 5 – 8 years commercial underwriting experience
• 2 years and more experience as a Team Leader
The essential competencies that will be needed for this position are:
• Good communication skills.
• Client orientation.
• Attention to detail.
• Good understanding of systems and products to enable to assist Manager with Testing of products.
• Technical commercial insurance experience.
• Is attentive In Basic, Routine, Repetitious Tasks Competent to use insurance policy administration systems and applications.
• The ability to meet minimum work expectations.
• The ability to apply Basic Rules In Decision-Making.
• The ability to handle complex decision making.
• The ability to influence and manage a team.
• Multiple product knowledge – Commercial / Agriculture / Engineering and more
A number of attributes are part of the make-up of the person who will be best suited to the position.
• Good people management skills.
• Building and maintaining relationships (internal & external).
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making ability.
• Action orientation.
• Able to work with a high performing team.
• Quality orientation.
• Good communication skills (verbal & written)
• Computer literacy
• Conflict management
• Stress tolerance
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Brolink is a leading provider of insurance administration services, providing a comprehensive range of insurance products from South Africa’s top insurers. Our portfolio includes personal insurance, commercial insurance as well as niche products such as agriculture, transport, engineering and aviation.
As a short term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs. Applicants must have a clear ITC, clear criminal record and excellent previous employment references.
Applications close on the 30th of July 2022.